I’ve seen lifx.space recommended elsewhere on this forum, so I thought I’d try it out. Unfortunately, I can’t figure out how to get it to work.
When I visit lifx.space, I see this:
I don’t understand what to do after that. All of the controls seem disabled. And where do I input my access token?
Am I just being dense, or is this a bug? I’ve tried Chrome 44.0.2403.155, Safari 7.1.8, and Firefox 40.0.2, all on OS X 10.9.5.
Are you able to enter the web inspector in any of your browsers and see if you get any errors in the console?
I get a 401 error (as a token hasn’t been entered yet), but if you receive more than one error, there is likely something else wrong.
Thanks, good idea! The error looks pretty similar in all three browsers.
@jorgerdz is the developer of lifx.space. It looks here that it’s definitely an issue with the code itself. This is happening to me as well.
I am indeed the developer of lifx.space. It’s still in a beta state, but I hadn’t encountered this issue before. Were you able to input your token in at all? I will definitely look into this more and push an update as soon as I can get the issue replicated. Any more information you have would be quite helpful.
@ThePurpleK @ppelleti All fixed! It turned out to be a pretty stupid issue that conflicted with some previous changes I had made and which only showed up for new users. Everything should be working well now.
I’m getting much further than I was before, but I’m still not able to control my lights. I tried all three browsers again, and I’m getting the same (but different than before) behavior in all three.
It’s now letting me put my token in:
And once I put it in, it says it succeeded:
But once I click close, although the app looks much better than before, it doesn’t contain any information about my lights, and adjusting the controls doesn’t cause anything to happen to my lights:
I noticed that the local storage it creates is 0 bytes. I would’ve expected a nonzero number, since it would need a few bytes to store my token:
I’ve tried deleting the storage and allowing the app to re-create it, but it’s still zero bytes.
Oh, and all the console says now is
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized).
Not sure what’s changed since yesterday, but it seems to be working for me now. Thanks!
Hey @ppelleti, that second issue was already known: the first time you set your token up, you need to refresh the page in order for it to work properly. It’s probably a small fix to get this working well, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. Great to hear everything is working well now!