LIFX Developer Zone

Changes to the HTTP API this week?

I have an appliance (Universal Devices ISY) that utilizes both the LAN protocol as well as the HTTP API. Since mid-week, the HTTP API calls are failing, they appear to be timing out. I haven’t changed a thing on the ISY, and I can literally cut and paste the PUT output it produces into a CURL and it works fine. (And I have about 30 different calls, and every single one of them worked fine for the last couple of years until about Wednesday, and now every single one is failing.) I did a restore on the ISY from a couple of weeks ago in the off chance that something had gotten corrupted on it, but they continued to fail.

Have there been any changes to the API? Any changes to the encryption requirements, or anything related to SSL? Anything at all? I’m at a loss as to why it has suddenly stopped working, and am out of ideas.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Someone else over at Universal Devices just posted the same thing, so something definitely changed this week. :confused:

It appears LIFX updated their TLS version.

I use Powershell scripts under Windows 7 to control lights and had to add the following before invoking setstate:

Configure PowerShell Transport Layer Security Protocols

[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = `
[Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls11,
[Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12 ;

According to Universal Devices, they have no plans to support the ECDH variation of security protocol. Is there any way that LIFX can allow us to revert back to the old scheme. As of now, all of our programs in the Universal Devices ISY-99 that control our LIFX lights are non functional, and there is no clear path to resolve the issue. This would make LIFX useless in my home.

We’re looking - a least temporarily - into supporting some ciphers beyond the recommended set . Is anyone on this thread able to confirm whether Universal Devices includes TLS support for DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256, TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 or TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384?

We’ve added support for TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 which appears to address the issue.

Cheers,
Nick

2 Likes

As always - amazing support from LIFX. Thank you soooo much for being so responsive!

3 posts were split to a new topic: My Vera stopped activating my LIFX notifications