LIFX Developer Zone

Connection instability

Any resolution to the Lifx dropping their connection?

2 Likes

Hello,

If you submit a ticket, the support team should be able to assist

I’ve been wait for years on a resolution.

For most situations, the problem becomes a good router and sometimes settings with your current router. Others may have good recommendations for good routers (I certainly know @Djelibeybi has a good idea of getting devices to work).

The support team will be able to help you figure out if your current network can be adjusted to make the devices more stable if you haven’t already made any tickets.

Yeah, I am going to have to give a hard pass and say your tickets are no good.

It’s been years now and it is never the same bulb, and they either loose connection or just “forget” they are on a schedule and stay on or off or wrong brightness.

The solution is called a “watchdog” and the developers at LIFX need to learn what that is. I am sure they already think they have this licked but they don’t. No bulb should sit there with power for 24 hours and think it’s completely normal to lose connection and not do a self-reset to try and recover.

Oh I agree one hundred percent.

This keep telling me it a ASUS problem on my router running the dhcp server.

So, in the mean time if set the lease time on a static I Set it to maximum, and at least it should stay online for a month.

Ver frustrating.

I have gotten completely fed up. I have random flicks dim then bright at random times, I have loss of sync with the daydusk cycle, I have random drop outs for hours.

I have reset all the bulbs. I have 4 connected now in two separate groups, in the same room as a single AP, 20MHz 2.4GHz, static channel 6, not a single wifi optimisation feature enabled. There are no excuses now.

If I see more of the same crap in the next 24 hours, I am switching to Phillips; screw LIFX.

Have you change the channel from 6, everybody is on 6, use 11 or 2, something different.

My router tell me the signal strength of signal the lifx bub is getting.

I am using channel 6 because it is the least congested in my area.

Wow, how did you check?

Darrin J. Calcutt

capnhyaku
August 10

I am using channel 6 because it is the least congested in my area.

Wifi scan with promiscuous capable adapter. Everything at channel 6 is below -80dB where I am.

Nothing free?

I use a windows app shows all the SSID s in the area.

Darrin J. Calcutt

capnhyaku
August 11

Wifi scan with promiscuous capable adapter. Everything at channel 6 is below -80dB where I am.

Does your router have the capibilities to see the signal strength?

What about changing the antennas? Where are each of the items located? Any mirrors?