Create a Do Button to breathe between two colors

Hello! New to the group and LIFX. So far I am pretty happy with the product, a few buggy things but I will save that for another post later, no big deal…

So I created (I am not a developer, this is my first discussion about developing anything) an API that works perfect!!

Now what?

I am trying to create a Do Button widget that breaths between two colors, from current, then goes back to current when done breathing.

My API works, but my advances syntax does not for the Do Recipe.

Method POST
Request Headers
Accept: /
Authorization: Bearer [TOKEN REMOVED - DAN]
accept-encoding: gzip
content-type: application/json
content-length: 78
URL https://api.lifx.com/v1/lights/label:Living Room Lamp/effects/breathe
Request Data
{
“color”: “red”,
“from_color”: “blue”,
“cycles”: 6,
“persist”: false,
“power_on”: true
}
Status 207 Multi-Status
Response Headers
server: cloudflare-nginx
date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 04:10:12 GMT
content-type: application/json
transfer-encoding: chunked
connection: close
set-cookie: __xxxxxx; expires=Thu, 01-Dec-16 04:10:11 GMT; path=/; domain=.lifx.com; HttpOnly
lifx-account-uuid: xxxxxxx
x-ratelimit-limit: 60
x-ratelimit-remaining: 59
x-ratelimit-reset: 1449029460
vary: Accept-Encoding
content-encoding: gzip
cf-ray: 24e42e3b05fe0f33-IAD

Is it possible to create the widget button I want? Here is what I am posting in the advance options of the Breathe 'Do Button".

Help!!!

TIA

You might want to go revoke the token you pasted above, since it is visible in the post history. Unless it was already a fake one.

You’ve gotten the syntax of the advanced options slightly wrong. Remove the curly braces, change the item seperator to a semicolon and remove all the quotes. See more information on our advanced options help page.

So yours should look like:

color: red;
from_color: blue;
cycles: 6;
persist: false;
power_on: true;

Thanks Dan, appreciate the removal. Very new… I pasted what you posted, an it still doesn’t wotk

Actually I just realised, some of those keys are taken from the API, The Advanced options section uses different names for the fields. Here is what it should look like:

color: red;
number_of_breaths: 6;

I should note that both persist and power_on default to the values you specified already, so those I took them out. You can change the power option by using ignore: power if you want, but persist is not supported. The cycle option is named number_of_breaths. Unfortunately the from_color feature is not supported either.

If you need to use the unsupported options then you will have to use the API directly, without using IFTTT. I’ll put in a feature request for those extra options on your behalf.