Help major connection probelms

Hello

I am writing to you regarding the LIFX Bulb 1000 when I recived the lifx bulb 1000 I connected it to my ceiling and turned on the switch when I did this the bulb flashed 3/4 times a solid colour, i then opened the app registered and enables location followed by the add button the connect light, then entered the password it displayed the following message

sending credemtials to light
connecting to network
wating for light to found on wifi
opening connections to light

I TRIED TO UPDATE VIA THE DESKTOP APP BUT IT DOES NOT FIND A LIGHT

i Have checked online for support and the website for trupble shhoting but it does not work

1 Like

@OSAMIR321 I was having the same issue. Luckily I have and Android phone and ran configurations and updates from the phone and it worked. If you have a Android phone or tablet, give it a shot.

That doesn’t sound right cause the registration process is different and adding the light is done through the app. When you open the app it says to choose the bulb wifi from your wifi list. So you open your phone and check your wifi list; You should see the bulb listed as it’s own wifi which you have to pick then go back to the app which will ask you to pick YOUR wifi from the list it generates. After this it will go through pairing of the bulb and an update. Mine froze during the bulb discovery so I closed the app and reopened. The bulb was now there with all the options you need to turn on/off or change colors etc.

Hi Have you tried contacting our support team? support@lifx.com or via https://support.lifx.com/hc/en-us/requests/new? They have a great set of workflows for helping with these issues.