LIFX Developer Zone

Help us test changing the default power on color!

Hi,

I just installed the beta firmware and used the config tool to set the brightness at 100 and Kelvin at 2750. This part works as expected, as the lights come back to standard white 2750K light when power cycled, regardless of the last color they were set to. I also unchecked the “Enable White Restore” option, but this doesn’t seem to work as expected, as the lights still go back to the “out of the box default” light when I power cycle 2x, which I’m looking to eliminate. Is there a way to eliminate the “power cycle 2x” feature completely? Or get the bulbs to use 2750K for their double power cycle reset?

Any update on this? Would love to see this on the Gen3 + and White 800!

@daniel_hall
Any news on this?

The solution seems very low-tech. Setting one default setting for each bulb, using its serial number. I hope that’s just for the beta.

Can’t we just have a “Default Scene” setting per group, which defaults each bulb to the value specified for them in the selected scene? And if no scene is selected, it should instead default to the last used setting. I mean, if the bulb can remember what its setting was when it was turned off, can’t that saved start-up setting data just be set to whatever the default scene dictates, instead of saving/overwriting the start-up setting every time the settings are changed?

Set default values when I turn on from swith

This worked like a charm! i have a handful of these in our kitchen and simply wanted to have the white default disabled. Next step would be to integrate on the next official release.

UPDATE: 4 of the 7 lights that i enabled this on simply turned off unexpectedly this morning. i had to reset them and reconnect them etc. etc. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again and was just a one-off.

Hi there, would really love to have this feature and would be more than happy to help test. Am I right in understanding this does not work with the 3rd Gen?

Any chance we’ll see this feature anytime soon? Strikes me as a really obvious one – and one that would make a lot of wives happy :wink:

Hello, I was provided this link to test this out by your support team but yet when I enter the full serial into the field and apply my changes it does not seem to do anything to my Color 1000’s.

Is there a newer version of this configuration tool for Firmware Version 1.22? Especially since this version of the tool came out almost a year ago.

Also I’d like to express how awesome LifX bulbs are. I have 12 on my patio and I am implementing 3 into my bathroom renovation to be able to control light levels using my voice from the shower. (Spiffy I know) The only thing that i’m very distraught by is when a power outage occurs my lifx bulbs all turn them selves back on. This is a huge hesitation on my part on purchasing any more for any other rooms in my house. I had imagined putting them into new can lights I will install in my master bedroom but just the thought of being woke up in the middle of the night because the lights turned on due to a power flux is awful. Plus I invite guests over and show them the awesomeness that is “Alexa turn my patio lights on” and everyone goes WHOAAAAAA. Then I tell them what they are but i also have to tell them about the power outage issue because we live in Florida.

I have spoke with your support rep Ian McFaul and he was a great help in understanding my issue but he stated the bulbs are operating as designed. I’m sorry for such a long post but I know I’m not the only person needing this fixed.

Now the configuration tool (If it actually worked) has the option to set the default on state to 0% brightness, this in a sense would resolve my power outage issue but then I would run into another annoyance which would be “Alexa turn on the patio lights” but the lights are already on, instead they are all on 0% brightness. Unless 0% brightness means they are turned “off” in the app because you can only set the lights to 1% via the dimmer.

What would make me as a customer happy.
The double switch flip = Excellent safety measure.
The single switch flip = Remember last state of the bulb(Keep it’s self off) There is a reason the bulb is off in the first place, because I shut it off…

Please give me some sort of light at the end of the tunnel that isn’t being turned on by a power outage.

Thank you…

Begging here… CAN WE PLEASE activate this for the Lifx 800 bulbs? my house is full of them, but the default to bright white has pretty much destroyed the WAF here…

Please can you post a link to the Linux version of the Configuration app.

So, is this a working feature or still in development? (LIFX A19 Color)

Thx!

Where are we with being able to set Default colors/Settings to the Gen 3 BR30? - Just to be clear when I shut off the lights (blue) in the evening via my hub and turn them back on in the morning via my hub I want them to turn on at the default setting of warm white. I updated the firmware per the earlier part of this thread but the configurator does not work (it doesn’t up the light settings)

Thoughts?