LIFX Developer Zone

Homekit Connecting Problems

Hi,

I was using the lights without any problem before. One of the lights were not working so I decided to make a fresh start but everything has gone downhill from there. I can’t add them back to homekit.

I have followed everything on your troubleshooting pages but no luck.

So the things I have done so far:

** Forget the network - wait 30secs and turn it back on again

** Reset the lights obviously

** Delete the app and reinstall it

** Opened a new account

** Cleared cache - started again

** Removed home (IOS) from all of my devices and install it again

** Trying to install the lights on the app and then tried to add them to homekit no luck

** Some people on the internet say that they first install the lights on homekit then on lifx app and it worked but I can’t add them on homekit at all.

** It does not add the lights when you try to add them directly from Iphones wireless set up - set up new device either.

** And it does not work when you scan the barcode on the paper either.

Since I resetted the home app and it deleted all the information I do not think it is an apple problem. I opened a new lifx account and started over and resetted the lights so I am not sure where this problem comes from.

Is there a way to start everything absolutely from the beginning?

And the worst thing is one of my lights are now broken because of resetting process (5 times on an off) not sure if it is the smartest way to reset it as it does not come back on again.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Oz

Hello,

This is probably better suited as a support ticket. I’ve asked the Support Team for advice and they’ve suggested the following. If you still can’t get it to work, please make a ticket and they’ll be able to help you.

So delete the lights from your LIFX app, and if it’s showing in the apple Home app, delete it there as well. Then reboot your router, do the 5 times reset on your light and bring the phone and light closer to the router.

Then try setting the light up in apple Home app first, rather than the LIFX app. Tap the + Icon i nthe top right and “Add Accessory”. It’s important to then select “I don’t have a code or cannot Scan”. Go to Manual Code and enter your homekit code. You should see the light show, tap on the light to continue the on-boarding process and follow the prompts that show up.

And the worst thing is one of my lights are now broken because of resetting process (5 times on an off) not sure if it is the smartest way to reset it as it does not come back on again.

That shouldn’t happen, factory resetting the light is safe. Try unplugging it from power and let it cool down for a bit and try again.

but I can’t add them on homekit at all.

Homekit setup is a little more sensitive to distance from the router then setup in the LIFX app and your light may need to be closer to the router.

Thanks a lot indeed,

Look forward to trying them.

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Oz

Oz Ikiz
Sales&Marketing Manager

Swimplex Aquatics

1 Like