I touched my Tile and I think I like it

I’m fairly sure this is a Beta firmware thing, but LIFX for iOS v3.14.0 (via TestFlight) just upgraded my Tile to firmware 3.50-TILE and now the touch sensitivity is working. Mostly. Here’s a video of it in action:

I still have to play with with the sensitivity slider because it seems to miss taps or thinks a double tap is a single. Also, doesn’t appear to expose any HomeKit actions which is disappointing, but hopefully something that can be added later. Would be amazing for a single or double tap to appear as a HomeKit switch.

Added bonus: a new firmware effect called Fire which does exactly what you think it would. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’re glad you like it :slight_smile:

If it had HomeKit integration, I’d upgrade my emotional response to “love”. :wink:

In the meantime, is there a way to get tap notifications via the LAN protocol?

So what would you want to happen with homekit.

Also, there isn’t any way to really subscribe to the tile and make it talk to you when the tap happens.

I imagine it working like the Hue dimmer, exposing a Programmable Switch Event that can be used to trigger automations. Bonus points if it can separate the single and double taps as different events.

I’m hopeful this can be included within the single HomeKit accessory.

Other HomeKit stuff that would be amazing would be the ability to enable a HomeKit switch for a theme in the app, i.e. “Expose theme as switch” so that you can have a way to set a theme via an automation (given that HomeKit’s ability to save themes is … subpar).

Also, being able to enable a switch for each firmware-based effect, so that you could turn on/off move, morph or fire from the Home app or an automation.

It would be great if there was a way to subscribe to events from the tile! Imagine if you could tap on the tile and run automations in your smart home or integrate with other smart home devices services (eg. start playing your favorite music on Spotify/Sonos).

1 Like