If/when will there be Lifx Z api?

Hey so I was wondering if/when there would be a api for targeting specific sectors of the Lifx z bulbs. If anyone knows that would be great!

1 Like

There is an API for that, but it’s UDP/IP over LAN only, not REST. A REST API for this would be sweet tho.

Is adding MultiZone Light Control on the roadmap for the HTTP API?

1 Like

I sure hope so, that would be amazing

It is on the roadmap. Unfortunately some other tasks have taken priority so i don’t have a timeline on it yet. Sorry.

1 Like

Agreed. This is stopping me from buying the LIFX Z strips at all. The best way to do it would be to modify the selectors in the API to address selecting the zones on the strip.

2 Likes

Hi, any update on this at all?

Multi Zone Selectors are now available in the HTTP API.

It is the same as selecting a bulb but you add |1|2|3 etc to set the zone in the selector
If you are using the states method you need to send the bulb many times but only for each zone with a different setting.

That’s great, thank you.

This only seems to work with Set State. When using zone selectors for the Breathe and Pulse Effect, the entire LIFX Z strip changes instead of just the zones specified.

Yes, seems so :frowning: I was hoping to get nice red/green show for xmas but it can’t breath/pulse with zones :frowning:

So when are we getting breath/pulse support for zones?

1 Like