I have a set-up where I want to keep using the regular light switch in parallel with schedules.
Unfortunately I have not been able to make it work, and I hope someone can explain to me what I’m doing wrong or that it’s simply not possible.
3 LIFX mini Day & Dusk E27 bulbs connected to a single light switch. Bulbs updated to latest firmware. Configured via Android LIFX app.
Configured 2 schedules:
- At 23:00 set brightness to 5%
- At 08:00 set brightness to 80%
I’m looking to make below scenarios possible:
- Turn on bulbs via light switch at e.g. 22:15
- Bulbs dim due to scenario at 23:00 to 5%
- Turn off bulbs via light switch at 00:30
- Turn on bulbs via light switch at 08:30
- Bulbs shine at 80% brightness
- Turn off bulbs via light switch at 10:15
- Turn on bulbs via light switch at 23:15
- Bulbs shine at 5% brightness
What I’ve tried
Day & Dusk automation
Works as long as the bulb is powered. After power is turned off and turned on after a few hours, the bulbs uses the brightness when it was turned off.
When the scheduled moment falls in a moment when the bulbs has no power, nothing happens.
- at 23:00 there is schedule to set the brightness to 5%
- at 22:55 I power off the bulb
- at 23:05 I power on the bulb
- the bulb shines with the brightness it had at 22:55
I understand that when a bulb has no power, it’s offline and cannot receive commands.
Is there a way to let the bulb get the configured brightness once it powers up and then use that brightness immediately?
Can these above scenarios somehow be configured in the LIFX android app? Or would IFTTT allow for that? Or is using a light switch with schedules simply not possible?