It's not you, it's the App

Do you get the same result when only using cloud protocol?

Is someone working on a fix for the app? I have a limited knowledge and understanding of the technical details but as a longtime owner it drives me mad that the app almost never works. Any cloud based 3rd party instance works fine (Google Home, flic, Harmony) but not the app. Even more odd is the app’s official widget works every time. I’m using Android 8.0.1

Hi @blazarus22,

We’re investigating an issue where sometimes the Android app is representing all lights as offline, when the lights have LAN and/or cloud connectivity with other devices on that network. Until we can release a fix, we’ve seen force quitting the app can resolve the issue.

FWIW the force close option made the situation worse. Originally one light worked and afterwards they all failed. I understand the team is working on something but my patience runs thin; having connected lights that can’t be controlled by the manufacturer’s app seems to defeat the purpose. I hope the resolution is near.

@blazarus22 the issue we’re investigating is all lights showing as offline, if one light was appearing as online and other were offline it may not be the same issue. Can you contact support@lifx.com so we can investigate your account?