LIFX Developer Zone

Lifx Z displaying wrong color

I have the Lifx Z strips around my “floating” bed. I have five sections in a chain. When I set the color, a small section of the strip displays the wrong color. For example, when the entire bed is yellow, the one sections displays red. How do I trouble shoot this? Thanks!!

Hello,

This is a known problem that can happen. If you submit a ticket, the support team should be able to help.

I can fill it out again, but I was assuming that’s how you learned about my issue. If not, how did you know I was having an issue?

oh, you already have a ticket?

I’m not sure what you mean by how I know you were having an issue? Your original post says you were having an issue.

Yes, but how did you get my contact info to start with?

I filled out the ticket and then received an email from you. Isn’t this how this conversation started? How else would you know to reach out to me?

I’m so confused. I’ll fill out another form, but you have me a bit lost.

ooooh… I think I was a bit confused. I thought you were the person that responded to me from the ticket I submitted, but it must’ve been someone else which hasn’t been too helpful to be honest.

Do you know any way to troubleshoot the issue or will I have to replace the product?

This was the confirmation I received on June 14th after I submitted the form you requested…

Afterwards, I received a ticket number from someone named Pete, which really hasn’t been much help since…

Yes, but how did you get my contact info to start with?

I filled out the ticket and then received an email from you. Isn’t this how this conversation started? How else would you know to reach out to me?

I’m so confused. I’ll fill out another form, but you have me a bit lost.

Capture.JPG

Right. Yeah, I’m not part of the support team (I’m an engineer on the cloud team)

I’ve read the ticket and I’m not sure what else you want there. The issue is a hardware fault that means that section of the strip needs to be replaced. We just can’t replace it just yet due to some of the challenges we continue to face from the current global pandemic.

Also, when you create a support ticket you give us an email address, and that’s how we are able to correspond with you and provide support (or if you used the contact support option in the app, we use the email address attached to your account).

My initial reply assumed you hadn’t made a ticket yet because it’s a bit annoying to try and correlate a developer forum user to tickets in the support system.

:slight_smile: