LIFX Developer Zone

LIFX Z firmware 2.77 RC5 changelog?

Are there any release notes for this version just pushed?

Usually this page is updated: https://www.lifx.com.au/pages/updates#new

But the last update is still from July.

The 2.77 RC5 build is currently only available on our firmware beta channel.

We will update the firmware page listed above once it reaches full public release.

The release notes are :

• Fix so onboarding can be retried after failing (incorrect password) without performing a factory reset.

• Updated to HomeKit specification

• Cloud connectivity improvements

• HomeKit onboarding improvements

• Bug fix for HomeKit state getting out of sync

• Improved efficiency of multizone color updates - Only on LIFX Z (HomeKit) and Beam

Thanks Mark, whilst I am part of the beta, I had not seen a link to release notes or any avenue to provide test notes.

Very curious about “Improved efficiency of multizone color updates”. Does this mean LIFX Z can process multizone updates faster (and handle more updates per second)? If yes, what kind of improvement can be expect? 100% or 10%?

@superg I had three existing 2m runs on 2.77 RC5 and recently added a last 1m run which was on 2.76. I noticed that the response time of the 2.76 lagged slightly behind by maybe 0.5 to 1s to the 3 x 2.77’s so a noticeable improvement. Once all 2.77, perfectly in sync.

However I have also noticed that 2.77 (all runs now) seem to drop off the network 2 to 3 times a day requiring a power cycle whereas 2.76 maybe once a week.

@markh is there a way to roll back and forth to test further?

@superg We’ve added a new message that allows all of the colours to be included in a single message. For purposes like applying a theme which will have a different color on each zone, this will mean a much faster response from the light. The overall message throughput hasn’t changed.

@solyxius If you contact support@lifx.com we can discuss the connectivity issues you’ve been seeing with the beta and provide the option to downgrade if you want.

Thank you for reply. When is this new message added to LAN protocol description? Edit: Or is it StateMultiZone message?