LIFXKit for iOS full of errors

A couple of years ago I built a basic iOS app using LIFXKit. I’ve come back to do more of the same and I find that everything has changed as we are being encouraged to use the HTTP API. This is fair enough, but the only thing I understand is Objective-C so I went to Github and set up my new project up with LIFXKit for iOS.

The problem is that the framework seems to be full of errors, including some pretty odd ones like “Unknown type name ‘CGFloat’”. I notice that UIKit is not imported at the top of this file (LIFXHSBKColor.h) but I can’t add it myself to see if it will solve the problem because the file is locked for editing and Xcode is unable to unlock it.

My project has hit a wall before I’ve even managed to get started. I don’t know why there are so many errors, and I seem to be powerless to tinker around and try to fix them.

Also, when I search this forum, I can find very little in reference to the iOS framework. Can anybody help me understand what’s going on?

It says on Github. “LIFX will no longer be supporting LIFXKit.”

The new firmware brings with it the HTTP API and LAN Protocol documentation. If you look at the top of this page you are on you will see " LAN Protocol" read it.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand what you’re saying, and I understand that the official offerings are now either HTTP or LAN. But is LIFXKit really completely defunct now?

The LIFXKit API was deprecated and support for it was ceased when this forum was released. I’m not an iOS developer, but I assume that the iOS development landscape has changed somewhat since the last time we updated it. The errors you mentioned seem to indicate seem to imply that iOS has deprecated some types that it is using.

You should be able to clone the GitHub project and make any changes you require.