Light stopped working

I decided to continue with Lifx after having loved my globe back in AU. Whilst waiting for my little converter thing to arrive, I took the opportunity to take advantage of their half price Black Friday sales and got 2 more globes!

I’m a little disappointed that one of the globes is spending more time disconnected than connected over the past few days. While I sent a message to support, I’m wondering if the community knows any ways of debugging these things? I dare say they don’t keep a log I can pull out from the globe?

I swapped the two globes, problem followed the faulty one in a different location, moved it right next to the router, it’s happy for a little while then continues spending more time disconnected than connected :frowning:

This seems to be a common problem.

1 Like

ahh bugger it. Well since the problem follows this one specific bulb, hopefully they’ll be nice enough to send out a replacement

Hey @scottyob,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. If it hasn’t already been dealt with please let me know the support case id and I’ll chase it up from my end.

1 Like

Cheers Mate,

On the bright side, it gave me a chance to start playing with the API. I started graphing the connected status/time in Graphana. I can tell after moving the faulty light right near the router and re-powering it (the green line on the graph) it struggled to stay connected for a little bit. The orange line, (the light much further away) has remained a happy chappy. I tried restarting it again and it’s giving me the breathing orange/red light. Even after moving the reset switch it’s doing the same now. Looks like this particular one is a dud. Oh well, RMA and try again. All and all I’m seriously happy with 2 out of the 3 I’ve got!

I’ll update the support ticket (#155963) with these details and request an RMA there. Thanks for providing a pretty awesome API. I’ve a feeling I’m just getting started with this! :smile:

I’ve updated your ticket with further details, but it looks like we do need to replace that light for you.

1 Like