I decided to continue with Lifx after having loved my globe back in AU. Whilst waiting for my little converter thing to arrive, I took the opportunity to take advantage of their half price Black Friday sales and got 2 more globes!
I’m a little disappointed that one of the globes is spending more time disconnected than connected over the past few days. While I sent a message to support, I’m wondering if the community knows any ways of debugging these things? I dare say they don’t keep a log I can pull out from the globe?
I swapped the two globes, problem followed the faulty one in a different location, moved it right next to the router, it’s happy for a little while then continues spending more time disconnected than connected
This seems to be a common problem.
ahh bugger it. Well since the problem follows this one specific bulb, hopefully they’ll be nice enough to send out a replacement
Sorry to hear you are having issues. If it hasn’t already been dealt with please let me know the support case id and I’ll chase it up from my end.
On the bright side, it gave me a chance to start playing with the API. I started graphing the connected status/time in Graphana. I can tell after moving the faulty light right near the router and re-powering it (the green line on the graph) it struggled to stay connected for a little bit. The orange line, (the light much further away) has remained a happy chappy. I tried restarting it again and it’s giving me the breathing orange/red light. Even after moving the reset switch it’s doing the same now. Looks like this particular one is a dud. Oh well, RMA and try again. All and all I’m seriously happy with 2 out of the 3 I’ve got!
I’ll update the support ticket (#155963) with these details and request an RMA there. Thanks for providing a pretty awesome API. I’ve a feeling I’m just getting started with this!
I’ve updated your ticket with further details, but it looks like we do need to replace that light for you.