Looking for C# Lan Protocol Code

Hi all,

Recently purchased a LIFX Color 1000 BR30.
Looking for c# code that I can use to discover & send/receive commands to the bulb.

thanks

There is a .NET library written by @dotMorten. I haven’t used it myself, but its gathered a bunch of stars on Github.

While the @dotMorten code is impressive, it’s a portable class library. I’m looking for something that I can use in a simple .NET project.
Anyone know of anything?

Thanks in advance,
Eric.

@emorrison1962 Why is it an issue it’s a PCL? That’ll work just fine in a simple .NET Project. Just add the nuget package to your project and you should be good to go: https://www.nuget.org/packages/LifxNet/

@dotMorten,
Could not install package ‘LifxNet 0.9.0’. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets ‘.NETFramework,Version=v4.5’, but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.
========== Finished ==========

Yes you need minimum .NET 4.5 to use v0.9 (are people really still using something older?).

Btw the latest v2.x version is a .NET Standard 1.3 library instead of PCL so it will support more .NET platforms coming in the future (as well as Xamarin Android/iOS, Linux, Tizen etc). However that does mean you need .NET 4.6.2+ with that version.