Managing Light Groups in the new app (iOS)

Perhaps I’m missing something here, but I can’t figure out how to add/change light groups in the new iOS app. The documentation (https://support.lifx.com/hc/en-us/articles/204593514-Moving-bulbs-to-other-groups) says to click on the pencil icon, but I don’t see that in the new app. How is this done?

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

The article is correct, but it is missing some extra info.

The “pencil button” will only appear if the account you’re signed in as is also the owner of the bulbs. That is, the bulbs have been onboarded and claimed by your account. If you are seeing these lights appear under “My Lights” or “Lights” and not “Guest Lights” or " Lights" then that’s a bug.

There’s a quick and easy way to verify this by sending a diagnostics.txt file. If it’s not too much trouble would you mind going to Account (Person icon) > Feedback and putting “ATTN: tatey” in the subject. It would be a great help.

Cheers,
Tate

Tate

Can you explain your previous response?

I just set up the lights using the iOS app. I am logged into my account. There is no pencil. There does not appear to be a way to edit or delete lights etc.

How could I not be the owner fo the bulbs?

I see Lights, Groups and Integrations. I dont see me My Lights. What does this mean?

How do I send a diagnostics.txt file? I dont see Account or a person icon or anything remotely like what you are talking about.

I shocked at how meagre the app and accompanying docs are

Hi @lgm,

Its best if you ask for help be emailing support@lifx.com. This post has not been updated as the application has changed over time. The support team will have the most up to date recommendations.

Dan