LIFX Developer Zone

My schedules not showing, someone else's showing ! !!

New LIFX user, day 2.

Simple setup, four bulbs outside with 2 schedules, one to turn on sunset +15 and one to turn off sunrise -30.

Sitting on the front porch waiting for them to go on tonight, and nothing. Look at the app and my schedules are missing, and there are 3 or 4 of them that are labeled and are clearly someone else’s ! I start deleting them and they are coming and going from the screen, I delete them as they appear until I have no schedules left.

Then I just turn on my bulbs with the app and go inside.

Check the app about a half hour later and my original two schedules are back.

Certainly not the way to impress the new customer.

Hey @JAH,

Just wanted to let you know, I don’t have any further information yet, but my team are looking at this as their top priority. I’ll post back here when I have further information.

Daniel Hall
Cloud Team Lead

Thank you. It appears the lights turned off a sunrise properly.

On the 29th the LIFX Cloud experienced an outage that persisted from 10:30am until 11:00am (AEST). During this 30 minute outage users will have had issues using Amazon Alexa, Google Home and other cloud based control mechanisms. User could still control their devices locally using the LIFX App if they were connected to the same network as the devices.

There was a secondary issue during this outage where, instead of returning an error, the scheduling system returned results from a test user account. During this time these were the only schedules a user was able to see. No Personal ID was compromised. Once the incident was over, the app reverted back to displaying only the schedules that user had on their account once again.

The Cloud team was able to identify the cause of this issue, and has implemented a fix to prevent this from happening again.

Thank you for the update Daniel!
My lights came on tonight as expected with no problem.