LIFX Developer Zone

Need Help Getting started with LIFX lan protocol NEWBIE

Hello,

I’m fairly new to programing. I own and RPi with HA. Throughout this past months I’ve gathered a decent amount of knowledge. Among what I’ve learnt, I’ve been able to set rest_command whithin HA to make use of the LIFX HTTP API. I love to call flame/morph effects in my automations. Now I’d love to be able to do such things locally, whithin HA if possible, but I don’t even know where to start. I’d need some tutorial/guide for newbies or something of the like.

If anyone can point me out in the right direction, I’d very much appreciate

thanks in advanced

Hello,

Nice timing, I just released a new version of my Photons framework :slight_smile:

Though, if you’re new to programming, something like LIFXLan might be a more approachable place to start.

I’m not sure where a good introduction can be found to be honest, but I can certainly help you. Is there anything in particular you want your lights to do?

First of all thanks for your quick response.

As I said, I’ve been able to run some beautiful scenes with morph/flame effects. I also like to set my tiles with different colors and brightness for each tile, which is not feasible whithin HA, so I ended up using the “set scene” service from the LIFX HTTP API. End results are beautiful but sometimes it can be slow or even fail in setting certain scenes for example. I believe these two problems could be solved using the LAN API, but as I said, I don’t even know what would be the first step to delve into this API.

Long story short, I want to be able to run Morph/Flame and scenes locally and I want to implement it whithin my HA automations

oh! home assistant, sorry, I have way too many acronyms in my life.

As far as I can tell the LIFX integration doesn’t do flame/morph (unless I’m mistaken, maybe other people on the forum more familiar with home assistant can correct me)

I think a good place to go to maybe creating an issue over on https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues