LIFX Developer Zone

New Router - Broken Cloud Connection

Hi folks,

I need some help. I’ve bought a new Asus RT-AX88U router to provide more power to my wifi signal for cameras on the front of my home.

All my Lifx bulbs are connected via the router I want to replace. They are all connected to the cloud for use by Smartthings and Alexa etc.

I installed it and I set the password and SSID the same as my older less powerful router.

Lifx found the wifi eventually and connected each bulb to the Wifi so I could control them all with the App. However, I lost all cloud connection. On most of the bulbs it said Connection Refused.

I’ve followed the instructions on the Lifx Support site, tried switching them off and on then leaving them for 30 seconds.

I’ve tried choosing remove from cloud. In the new app there is no way to ‘Claim’ against my Wifi name, but I’ve gone into the settings of the bulb and tried to Connect but to no avail.

The only thing I can think of is it’s a setting in the router. But I have no idea what settings to change etc.

Has anyone got any suggestions to help me out please?

Rich

Solution

I tried setting the Channel Bandwidth to 20 (I had done this before with no luck) but in addition I disabled 802.11 AX HE Frame Support in the router settings and this worked - at least I think that was it!!!

1 Like