LIFX Developer Zone

Problem with Lifx not connecting to wifi

After updating my new firmware router for dlink dir 822 my lifx is not working. I tried resetting the lights for 5 times. Then tried disable 5g for 2g only. Then I got an error that says network problem It appears that your phone has “Avoid Poor Networks ” or “Auto Network …etc. I’m running my android 9 oneplus 5. My light bulb is mini lifx. I’ve tried resetting the lights for 5 times. then tried the 2g for channel 1,6 or 10 and and try reconnecting it then tried open the app and connect to wifi in 2g then trying again but I got the same error.

Ignore the error and hit continue anyway. If you’re still having problems, I’ve found that temporarily switching off mobile data sometimes appears to have an effect (not done any confirmed testing, but it can’t hurt).

It’s also worth checking you haven’t got anything preventing the adding of new devices in your router settings, especially if you’ve just updated the firmware.

I’ve already tried turning off mobile data and connecting 2.4 g and it still didn’t work. also I don’t understand what you meant by,“It’s also worth checking you haven’t got anything preventing the adding of new devices in your router settings, especially if you’ve just updated the firmware.”

sorry, I’ll try to clarify:

There are a few security settings available on most routers to allow you to restrict new devices connecting, such as whitelisting the MAC addresses of your devices.
I can’t see much in the manual for your router about it, but one thing that did jump out at me was a lot of IPv6 settings. LIFX bulbs don’t currently support IPv6 (see Any plans for IPv6 support?).

Is it possible for you to switch off any IPv6 features on your router and try connecting then? If you’re still not having any luck then, you might want to reach out to support by going to this page and selecting “Setup Support”

https://support.lifx.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
It’ll ask you a few questions, and if you’re still having issues at the end will raise a support ticket.

I’ve submitted the ticket since I’ve tried everything and nothing has worked so far.

BTW I own 2 lifx mini lights which does not have colors. Only white color that flashes after 5 times. Unfortunately it still doesn’t work at all.

Here is the video of me resetting those lights. https://youtu.be/Q-pgohdKjHE for 5 times. Btw it’s only white not those colors and only mini light which is white only.