Problem with LIX Original - lost Cloud connection, but Wifi works

Hi there,

I have a problem with my LIFX bulbs. After a few months my bulbs are losing its cloud connection. However, I can control them when I connect my phone to wifi. When I connect my phone to cellular, the bulbs are ‘‘disconnected’’.

Switching the power of the bulbs solves the problem (for a few weeks/months…).
I have LIFX Original bulbs, and Color 1000 bulbs. All of them have the latest firmware installed. The bulbs are connected to Ubiquiti UniFi access points.

Hope somebody can help me :slight_smile:.

I such a problem too. Funny enough not with the LIFX Originals but a newer hardware revision. Those showing this problem even been closer to the AP than the others, so I don’t think this is related to your setup to begin with. Maybe a firmware or a cloud service issues, I don’t know.

However, I have seen general connectivity issues with my bulbs in the past. Those been caused by “luxury” features like ‘beam forming’ or ‘airtime fairness’ of the AP. Disabling those helped. But this might not nesesarily your issue.

Same problem here, this’ been happening over the last 6 months maybe just with my candles. I have tiles, candles, beam and mini’s, only the candles are doing it and they are the closest to my router. Wifi connection works, yet they loose connection to the cloud. Glad to hear I’m not the only one, I though it was a problem with my router.

My minis do loose connection with the router every now and then too.

Good to know that I’m not the only one!
Maybe an LIFX employee can help us?

I’m still waiting the fw 3.90, which is meant to fix this issue, however, I have no news about when that FW is coming along, so far I’m doing the same, switching them off and on, which is very tedious, I hope that new fw is released soon, or at least a beta one that we can try to make sure that the problem is gone.

Any update from LIFX?