Similar Native functionality as Lifx Group of Groups?

Hello,

Thanks for splitting this from your other post.

From that one you mention that your lights are not changing to the full brightness. That’s odd. That they change at all means the lights are receiving a command, so as long as that command is for the full brightness, then they should be changing to that. I imagine what’s happening here is SmartThings isn’t telling your lights to do the correct thing. If you make a support case and mention this thread, we can have a look at what commands SmartThings is sending us.

So, LGog, I had to look up what that was. It seems that was built when the LIFX integration was also a Groovy application. Last year we replaced that integration with a Schema Connector that sits in our cloud.

We don’t give groups to SmartThings but you can create “Lighting Groups” in SmartThings and add lights to them (you can in the new ST App at least).

Unfortunately you can’t replace LGog with this though. I tried just now and while the commands that get sent to our connector have a format that allows us to receive commands for multiple lights at the same time, it seems ST will send us a separate command for each light in the group. Also, it seems even if all the lights in your group support colour, the lighting group doesn’t have colour control.

I would suggest reaching out to SmartThings and asking if Lighting Groups can be given the same functionality LGog has .

1 Like