[Testers Needed] Razer Chroma for LIFX App

Thank you for your quick reply, I downloaded and ran the suggested sample app. Sampleapp

The lights seem to be showing up fine.

Here’s an update that should fix your issue.

There was a bug if you didn’t have lights assigned it wasn’t showing anything.

Wow, This is some amazing stuff.

The update worked perfectly, thank you.

I also have a suggestion for a feature: I’m not sure how difficult this is to implement but i think it would be really useful to add an option to minimize the application to the tray, that way it can be used during a gaming session or movie without accidentally being closed from my taskbar, I’d love to use this program all day!

Ah yeah that’s doable. I did the same thing for Mixer, Twitch, and Discord…

This app is just a stripped down version while I worked on the functionality.

1 Like

Here’s an update that you can minimize to the taskbar.

2 Likes

Awesome, The tray version is seamless. Thank you for these awesome updates Tim!
I’ll be recommending my friends with Chroma + LIFX to try this.

Razer hardware is no longer required to use Chroma on LIFX. Just update Synapse 3 to the latest and log in, and it should work for you.

Hey I literally made an account just to let you know I got this to work with absolutely zero issues. Just re-read the post a couple of times and got the hang of it. Pops up perfectly in the Razer Chroma Studio, just some slow updates but that is understandable! Great job.

Running a Razer Blade 15 w/ 3 LIFX Mini Colored Lights. All on one Wi-Fi network, launched the configurator, and the app detected the lights instantly.

2 Likes

Hey, thank you for your tutorial.
I have a Lifx Z Strip and I am testing it. I installed the Razer software and the Chroma Broadcast configurator and it detects the strip without problems.
Static colors work fine but the effects doesn’t have a smooth transition. The breath effect and other Chroma effects work like they have low FPS

The max that the LIFX API supports is 20 FPS.

1 Like

In my lifx z strip the effects are not that smooth like we can see in your video.
For example, the breath effect, while the brightness increase or decrease, the transition it’s not smooth, it’s like 3 or 4 FPS. But I will test some more to see if I’m doing anything wrong

Some devices are faster than others. It could be distance to your router or it could just be some devices don’t update as fast.

Hi,
The application doesn’t seem to discover any lights for me.
I also tried the SampleApp, but I don’t get any output.

Any ideas?

Another user was having the same issue and here is what they said fixed it.

Me: How did you fix it? You kicked it right?

Answer: Nah, disabled other Vadapters (even though they weren’t in use,) and re-configured the devices advanced settings in devMg

Their reply is a fairly vague, what V adapters are they referring to?

I pinged the user. He’s probably talking about other network adapters. Or virtual network adapters in device manager and making sure any network devices that aren’t in use are disabled.

The LIFX library can’t handle multiple network adapters apparently.

Ahh in that case I can’t use this as my machine is also a development machine, I can’t start fiddling with network adapters :slightly_frowning_face:. Is your project open source by chance?

You can find the LIFX library here.

If you can fix the network detection code, I can include that. If the sample app works, it’ll work for me.

I meant the Chroma Broadcast Configurator? I would love to try out some customization. I can still take a look into it though the sample app though.

Sorry the source for the configurator has too much secret sauce.