LIFX Developer Zone

The LIFX Switch has landed (down under)

No-one else around here seems to have mentioned it, so I figured I would: the LIFX Switch is now available for pre-order on the LIFX Australian store: https://www.lifx.com.au/products/lifx-switch

I guess we get the switch while the yanks got the Candle bulb. :grin: I’ve pre-ordered one in each colour and I can’t wait to get them installed.

1 Like

OK, anybody from LIFX care to announce for the US market now that the product isn’t secret?
Pricing and availability would be appreciated.

1 Like

Neat, but they’ll still a live & neutral wire I assume?

I assume so, at least for controlling dumb bulbs that actually require power to be cut. I have no idea what the requirements are for only controlling LIFX bulbs/scenes.

1 Like

Perfect! Awesome! Yes! These are exactly what I need! When will they be available in the US!

1 Like

So no support for Apple HomeKit for the LIFX switch?

1 Like

This is awesome. Hopefully they come down in price as I have a ton of bulbs in my house. Over 35 bulbs.

1 Like

150 bucks? OMG
Are they serious?

1 Like

Does anyone have a demo video to see what it can do?

1 Like

Also here in the US and would finally make my wife much happier about the way Lifx bulbs have taken over our house. Right now, she has to endure me reminding her “Not to flip the switch” and I have to apologize for the tape I have across all the switches to remind her “Not to flip the switch.”

This unit looks nice and seems to have 4 (programmable?) buttons.

Do I read the ability to schedule “dumb” bulbs to mean that it will let me combine switch-based and bulb based scheduling? The lack of the ability to build truly nested procedures is one of the bigest limitations to Lifx, even when paired with IFTTT-type Automation as a Service tools.

My 96-1/2-year-old mother-in-law lives with us, and the more “normal” light management could be for her, the better my blood-pressure. Please bring this up from down under!

It better do some really heavy lifting at that price.