Turning off LIFX with Nest

Hello all…bought my first LIFX the other day and love it! Just need to change a few others now.

My question is - I have the Nest thermostat as well so can integrate it with that, but is there a way to turn off LIFX completely when Nest set to away. I can see the options of dimming to 5% or turning on Light on when away, but i just want to turn them off completely so that I save even more on my energy bill.

That’s a great idea. I’ve love to see the lights be able to be turned off or a scene activated which only turns off indoor, not outdoor lights.

The only way I can see to do what you’re asking is through IFTTT. I had very little success with IFTTT’s Nest Thermostat integration so I don’t know how it’ll fare for you.

Were you able to find a solution?

Blimey, one of my old questions!

Yes I managed to sort it. I use Stringify for all the integration and Skylark for geofencing of my phone and my wife’s.
With stringify you create the flows, so when Nest changes to away, the lights turn off. The Nest changes to away when one or both phones go out out of the geofence area as set in Skylark.
I find Stringify 10x better than IFTTT

That’s great!

I did something similar with Stringify, but had to manually import all my light groups for indoor bulbs so my outdoor ones don’t turn off. Is that something you were able to solve? If so, could you tell me how you did it?