LIFX Developer Zone

Want o Flash Blue and Red Light Alternately on my LIFX 19 Bulbs?

Hi Guys,

So it is with a lot of desires and wish to create a ambience that I see in a lot of Disco’s that I thought of buying the LIFX A19 bulb. I have purchased two. My question is, lets say I have tow A19 Bulbs facing inwards one is lit with Blue Color and One with Red Color and I want them to flash continuously alternately. So first Blue Flashes and then Red Flashes and this keeps on happening in cycle, alternatively. is there any way that I can do it ? I see on the LIFX APP there is no such feature as flash lights. If I am not mistaken ! So anyways that I can do it ? I really want to create that ambience.

Thanks

Easy to do with a python script. I have an alarm script set up that does this. Trivial to do it in a loop. I’m on my ipad, so if you get stuck, I can post it later.

naql
Easy to do with a python script. I have an alarm script set up that does this. Trivial to do it in a loop. I’m on my ipad, so if you get stuck, I can post it later.

I don’t know what you are talking about Man ! Python to me sounds like a serpent is that what it is ? :smile: what is a serpent gonna do getting into my Light lol ! No seriously speaking ! I am an end user not a developer so I have nothing to do with a Python script !! All I want is the above functionality with a easy to use way as an end user would you use via an Interface or an APP. If you can help me any which ways please do tell me, I am looking out for a functionality whereby I can flash my two lights that I have of LIFX A19 one after another in Blue and Red Light !!

The closest thing to what you want in the app is going to be the ‘Animate Theme’ effect. You can change the speed of it in the settings. What you want to do is set one light to blue, one to red, then go into the group of lights (i.e. where you can control both) and start the ‘Animate Theme’ effect under the effects tab. That will then alternate between blue and red. It won’t flash, but it can change pretty quickly.

Alternatively, you might want to check out the Music Visualiser and turn on the ‘Beat Detection’ setting, that will create more of a ‘disco/rave’ atmosphere.

egosapien LIFX Employee
The closest thing to what you want in the app is going to be the ‘Animate Theme’ effect. You can change the speed of it in the settings. What you want to do is set one light to blue, one to red, then go into the group of lights (i.e. where you can control both) and start the ‘Animate Theme’ effect under the effects tab. That will then alternate between blue and red. It won’t flash, but it can change pretty quickly.
Alternatively, you might want to check out the Music Visualiser and turn on the ‘Beat Detection’ setting, that will create more of a ‘disco/rave’ atmosphere.

Hi Alex ! Yes that is exactly what I am trying to do, I want to create a Disco Club Kind of Atmosphere !!

Or maybe you could challenge yourself to learn something new and see just how easy it is to do. If you don’t challenge yourself you never learn and life is very boring indeed.