To make things quick, here’s the problem and the run down of the solutions / checks I went through:
Problem: Timeouts after “Looking for light on network” with some Reconnecting Loops for good measure
- Wifi Connectivity Checklist 1
- Wifi Connectivity Checklist 2
- Resets… lots and lots of resets.
- Removing Wireless password (from existing WPA-PSK AES)
- Disabling AOSS & WPS Setup
- Checking (again) for any isolation settings on the Router
- Disabling mobile data on my device (android; and this significantly sped up the Loop of Doom… but it was still stuck in a loop)
The one thing I didn’t do was change the Wireless SSID name to remove the space / or try making it shorter. I have a hunch this may have been the case, as anyone who’s done some wifi fiddling can attest to. Instead, I went full Network Admin on the solution…
The thing that Worked
I created a Virtual Network Interface (similar to some routers’ Guest Networks). It was a pretty simple setup with DD-WRT; used a short, alphanumeric SSID with a similarly short password (but still WPA-PSK AES).
After this, it didn’t even loop and connected promptly. Hope this helps someone out there, and best of luck!